01/21/2018 - 01/21/2018
{TWP} v {SAW} - CoD2 USA Server2
UK COD2 [ICSL] Server 1
UK COD4 [ICSL] Server 1
UK COD4 [ICSL] Server 2
USA COD2 [ICSL] Server 2
USA COD4 [ICSL] Server 1

International Cyber Snipe League :: View topic - Calling all CoD2 Snipers

Forum Index  •  Search  •  Usergroups  •  Edit your profile  •  Members  •  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  •  Staff  •  Statistics  •  Board Rules  •  Forum FAQ  •  Log in

Search for at
International Cyber Snipe League Advanced Search

Calling all CoD2 Snipers

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    International Cyber Snipe League Forum Index -> Cyber Snipe Community
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuadsDad
Way too much free time!
Way too much free time!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:13 pm Post subject: Calling all CoD2 Snipers Reply with quote

As  most  of  you  know,  CoD2  has  dropped  to  a  point  of  near  death  as  far  as  sniping  goes.

There  have  been  in  the  past,  both  recent  and  distant,  good  snipe  servers  for  us  to  enjoy.

However,  I  think  that  if  we  all  as  a  sniping  community  do  not  act  immediately  to  save  CoD2,  there  will  very  soon  be  no  sniping  except  during  [ICSL]  matches.

The  [ICSL]  tested  a  public  CoD2  server  earlier  this  season.  Β While  it  was  well-received  at  first,  it's  appeal  dropped  quickly  once  discussions  of  how  to  keep  it  paid  for  and  running  were  begun.

I  would  like  to  hear  from  all  CoD2  players  ..  Do  we  want  to  do  something  to  ensure  that  we  have  quality  sniping  still  on  CoD2  or  are  we  content  to  let  it  die?

If  we  come  together  here,  we  can  find  a  way  to  save  CoD2  sniping  from  extinction.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Q
=CS=Canadian
ICSL Veteran
ICSL Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:27 am Post subject: Re: Calling all CoD2 Snipers Reply with quote

I  agree  with  most  of  what  you  said.

I  loved  playing  on  the  ICSL  public  server  when  I  had  the  chance,  howeve  most  of  the  time  it  was  empty  when  I  was  around  so  I  played  our  own  server.
      There  lies  the  problem.  ICSL  is  a  leauge  of  snipers.  It  is  not  a  clan  itself.  Everyone  who  played  on  the  COD  public  server  (or  nearly  all  players)  were  members  of  their  own  clan.  Clan  members  will  support  there  own  clan  first  and  then  go  elsewhere.

I  have  played  the  =CS=  server  since  it  became  =CS=  and  played  very  little  on  other  servers.  I  am  sure  that  I  am  the  same  as  many  snipers  out  there.  
       There  is  the  need  for  a  good  sniper  server  out  there  but  to  keep  it  there  is  the  difficult  thing  to  do.  It  would  need  to  get  an  ICSL  COD2  server  in  the  top  10  ranked  servers,  so  then  other  non  ICSL  players  will  attend.

One  option  would  be  to  see  how  much  it  would  cost  to  add  a  public  server  for  all  the  COD  games  you  have  running  next  year.  Then  maybe  increase  the  costs  of  registration.  (Again  I  have  no  idea  how  much  things  cost  per  month  to  run.  

I  would  be  willing  to  make  a  small  donation  every  month  so  this  doesn't  go  away.

As  you  know  Q  its  troubled  times  at  =CS=  the  web  site  has  gone,  the  servers  as  they  were  are  gone,  Archer  is  trying  to  reserect  the  servers  but  it  will  take  time,  I  believe  he  knows  nothing  of  mods,  so  we  are  with  stock  maps  right  now.  He  will  try  to  keep  things  going  with  the  help  of  others,  but  who  knows.  Come  next  season  all  my  =CS=  team  may  npot  have  a  team  to  play  for.  That  scares  me  as  I  have  had  a  blast  playing  against  you  other  teams.  Not  always  cordial,  argumentative  at  times,  but  I  have  loved  it  and  learnt  lots  from  many  teams.
      I  for  one  do  not  want  to  lose  that  enjoyment.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view International Cyber Snipe League Forum Index ->  Cyber Snipe Community All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum